To make higher education accessible to all aspirants of the local society, with special emphasis on meeting the needs of the girl students and those belonging to rural backward sections of the society, keeping in mind quality in education.
- To impart higher education to boys and girls in Arts, Commerce and Science.
- To promote the education of the local youth including women and youth of the backward classes.
- To impart quality education to the youth irrespective of caste, creed, race, gender and religion.
- To promote physical, mental and moral growth of the youth in order to enable them to face the complex challenges of life.
- To foster feelings of liberal humanism, mental tolerance, national intregation, brotherhood and fellowship among the students in particular and the society in general.
- To do all such things which are ancillary or incidental to the attainment of all or any of the above-mentioned subjects or which may be deemed conducive to the interests of the college.